Hey y'all!
I am so sorry for being a slacker, but I'm at my in-laws out in the boonies with splotchy internet service.....I apologize for not having this as promised for Saturday! But- I can't tell ya how happy I am to be here!! I hope you love reading this blog as much as I do!! Considering that Haley is my best friend, I love reading about what quirky things life holds for her while living on the other side of the world! I enjoy the pictures she posts, the adorable crafts she makes, and her fun personality that shines thru when writing.
So why am I here? Well........
Haley and I decided to have a little blog swap while we were putting together
a gift for our sweet friend Brooke a few weekends ago for her upcoming baby shower that unfortunately Haley couldn't attend.
We had a lot of fun together making it personal in our own way...
...and now I am so excited to share highlights from the sweet shower for momma & baby Finn!
We had a fabulous luncheon & tea at the
Greentree Tearoom which was
given by these fun ladies
Her grandmother, Brooke, and her mom
They had a lovely room set up for the shower with cute little boy clothes hanging from a clothesline at the front along with a diaper cake and framed invitation for the shower.
We were able to talk and catch up with our friends
before we began our lunch
We had a 5 course meal consisting of:
Gazpacho Soup, a Coconut Biscuit, Salmon Salad,
mini Finger Sandwiches, and different types of Desserts
Gazpacho Soup, a Coconut Biscuit, Salmon Salad,
mini Finger Sandwiches, and different types of Desserts
Hooray!! Time to open gifts!!!
Our dear friend Bethany (holding her son Jonah),
made some cute burp cloths & a nursing cover
She received several great gifts! Including a very sweet blanket :)
Another friend of ours, Lesli (holding baby Charlotte),
put together a basket full of necessary baby items
A car seat!
Starting to open the gift from Haley and I
Expressing her excitement over the fact that
we drew inspiration from her Pinterest board :)
The embroidery hoop art I made
Showing everyone that she wasn't lying over what Haley
wrote on the envelope (to read without everyone staring at her)
The sweet frame that Haley made
The little onesies: baby Finn's name, a sailboat, and a photography assistant
A Snugglebug I made after my visit with Haley since I
had the supplies and a sewing machine at home :)
(Fun fact: a Snugglebug is a Fitz favorite: a family of 3 boys
A sweet photo clutch was given to Brooke's mom
to keep pictures of her precious grandchildren
Group picture (minus Doherty)
After the shower was over, we had some
time to catch up with our friends!!
Ryan (holding Greer), Lesli (holding Charlotte), Brooke,
Bethany (holding Jonah), and I
What a precious face!
Greer and Jonah
Saying goodbye to everyone
Love you Brookie!!!!
Hope you enjoyed our blog swap!!!
Please head on over to Life as a Pepin (my blog)
Please head on over to Life as a Pepin (my blog)
to read Haley's post about the fun handmade gifts
and leave some love letting us know that you came over :)
and leave some love letting us know that you came over :)

The snugglebug is so fun! Love reading both of your blogs, girls. Haley, I love reading about your experience on the other side of the world, especially since we're neighbors :)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun this was! Lovin the blog swap!
ReplyDeletehaley, love your little swap idea...how fun! and just so you know, your comment on my blog the other day completely ruined me...in a good way of course. i was all teared up by your sweetness. love that you are reading along and thank you so much for your kind words.
ReplyDeletexo,
alicia