Friday, December 16, 2011

Yarn Wreath with Winter Attachment

Okay I promise I'm back on the blogging bandwagon.


A couple of weeks ago I made a winter attachment for my "interchangeable attachment" wreath- my collection is growing with the Spring & Fall attachments. 
In case you missed those 2, I made this yarn wreath last year with snaps for interchangeable attachments with each season. 

I wanted to make a winter one instead of Christmas so I could just use it until it's time for the spring one to go back on, so I went with blues and grays.  

For this one, I went with a Peacock theme.  



To make the "feathers" I cut 3 pieces of felt for each one. I pinched the tips together at the end, stitched through all 6 pieces, and tied each one off. Then I started arranging them on white felt with the largest ones on the bottom, hot gluing them on. 


I hot glued the snaps on the back {the other side was already on the wreath}


....and there you have it. 



I added four wooden beads to bring it to a point. 


It might be my favorite thus far. 


Okay seriously, more Christmas decor coming! 
Promise! 

Joyfully attached for the winter, 


Linking up over at: {Nifty Thrifty Things}{Lollyjane Boutique}{I Heart Naptime}{Craft-O-Maniac}{Sew Can Do}{C.R.A.F.T.}{So Very Creative}{Not Just a Housewife}{Homework}{Today's Creative Blog}{Skip to My Lou}{A Diamond in the Stuff}{Naptime Creations}{Sweet Peas and Bumblebees}{Sew Much Ado}{Blue Cricket Design}{Organize & Decorate Everything}{A Creative Princess}{Somewhat Simple}{Creations By Kara}{Thrifty 101}{The Shabby Nest}{Whipperberry}{A Little Knick Knack}

13 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE love love this! So pretty - I'm totally kind of obsessed with peacocks recently and I totally want to do the attachments thing for wreaths so I don't have so many wreaths to store or wrap with yarn or buy... genius! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love the idea of an easily interchangeable wreath. I don't have a lot of space for a million wreaths to hang around the house so this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love how simple it is :)

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors and design. Its great inspiration for me as I start planning for my January wreath. Apparently, I like punishment. Instead of taking your smart idea of an interchangeable wreath, I make a new one every month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the peacock theme! And I love that you can interchange it. The wreath is the most expensive part sometimes so it's a great idea to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!! Would love for you to come link up to my special wreath party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/joyful-jars-and-wreaths.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love love this. I just did a quick look through some of your other projects and have to say I'm really glad to have found you via Homework. I love your "mantle" and that yarn letter "S" - and the other wreath embellishment with the felt flowers. Genius idea to make them interchangeable - makes me finally want to do one of my own. I've thought about wreaths for some time but I'm sooo careful with money (cheap.. lol). Anyway, love your blog and looking forward to seeing more of you. ;)

    xo from Christa of Rhett Didn't Give A Damn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this so much. I think its such a great idea to have the snaps on there so that you can change out your decorations. Crafty genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the thought of an interchangeable wreath...such a cute idea! And the peacock colors are fantastic. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the peacock style. Beautiful wreath. I just ordered myself a peacock bracelet, they are so in style right now and the colors work so well with so many things. I would love for you to share at my weekly anything goes linky, up now a day early for the holiday weekend.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    found you at a Creative Princess. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I LOVE it! It's so beautiful! And how cool is it that you made it interchangeable? That would save me a lot of time and creative struggles if I had one wreath with different parts instead of making a new wreath every time! Great job!

    Coming over from: http://chasing2monkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a butt-face - I finally realized that this was the wreath I had in mind when I made my interchangeable one! I seriously could not remember or find it and then suddenly I got it when you commented on my blog and I just had a feeling that it might have been your blog! I'm updating my wreath post to give you credit and I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner - I knew I didn't invent the interchangeable wreath idea, but I just couldn't remember where it came from! But thank you for such wonderful inspiration!

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails