Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mosaic Magazine Mod Podge Orbs

More ORBS! and mod-podge and ping pong balls and playground balls. 


This time I went with different colored magazine scraps. 


I went through a couple of magazines and just went to town, cutting out large chunks of colors from different things- everything from eye shadow and nail polish to grass and wheat fields. 
Then I sorted them out into different color "genres." And then I ripped them into little pieces, and mod-podged them in kind of a "mosaic" pattern to the ball, making one in....

Purple....

Yellow.....

Pink....

Blue {Janessa actually made this one for me}.....

Orange.....

and Green.....

And then I was half way to crazy, crossed eyed and really sticky, so I had to stop. 

I put them in this bowl and added this yarn to the top. 

They are now making a centerpiece on our dining room table. They definitely brighten my day! 



Joyfully Pieced Together,


Linking Up Over At:
{So You Think You're Crafty} {Under the Table & Dreaming} {Nifty Thrifty Things} {LollyJane} {I Heart Naptime} {C.R.A.F.T.} {DebbieDoos} {Craft-O-Maniac} {Me Making Do} {Sew Can Do} {Skip to My Lou} {Today's Creative Blog} {A Diamond in the Stuff} {Not Just a Housewife} {Sew Much Ado} {My Girlish Whims} {Blue Cricket Design} {A Little Tipsy} {Sweet Peas & Bumblebees} {Laugh, Love, and Craft} {The Inspiration Board} {Somewhat Simple} {Thrifty 101} {A Creative Princess} {The Shabby Nest} {Tatertots & Jello} {WhipperBerry} {A Little Knick Knack}

15 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! It is amazing all the ways to use paper - lol! So glad I followed your link from the Nifty Thrifty Things Link Party, I've also linked up if you want to stop in.
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-fathers-day-badges.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! These are so cute. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea!!! I haven't seen it anywhere before!! Truly amazing!!
    I'm here from Debbie's party, and I am also your newest follower!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I would love for you to share this project at my linky party.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_14.html

    Hope to see you there.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love!!! super cute hay! i miss cutting things out of magazines...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm visiting from Debbie's party! Isn't it the best?!! Love what you've done with color paper, balls and glue! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute idea. I love mod podge, and have made some pretty pots with magazine paper. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! I love how you made these inexpensively but they look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lucy! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    PS: I am also currently holding a blog party called Market Your Biz and Giveaways where you can link up your etsy, online boutique or giveaways. You're more than welcome to come and get your business and giveaways promoted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are so cute and creative! Such a cheerful decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see you again this weekend!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog!! Its so cute!!! I am your newest follower!!! i would love to feature you on my blog. so let me know!! :) So if you would like to go and check out my blog and follow me too! That would make my day!!! :) I am so excited to start blogging and share my ideas on food, crafts, and mineral make-up. I will also be doing giveaways on stuff, like mineral make-up. So look out for it!
    Thanks!
    -Brooke
    For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very cute and creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these - simple and beautiful. Have to say this is the first creation I have ever seen with Ping Pong balls! Never ever thought of using them Love it :) This is what makes blogging so fun - learning from other's creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Followed link to your blog from Organizing Made Fun and saw these wonderful mosaic balls. They are so pretty. I used to do magazine crafts all the time but haven't in several years. Time to get started back up! These would also make beautiful Christmas ornaments. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails