So in no particular order:
A fresh sliced apple with Nutella and peanut butter. Heaven in my mouth.
Mumford and Sons. Makes me not only want to dance around my house with my eyes closed, but to also hire a banjo player to follow me around everywhere I go.
My Toms. They are currently snuggling with my feet everyday. I tried to explain to an EAian friend today why I love them so much- and couldn't find translatable words.... somehow "feels like wearing a sock with squishy, comfy soles" doesn't really mean much to an EAian. She humored me though, for which I was thankful.
Camping like I've never camped before. In EA with lots of EAian friends. More to come soon.
Text message conversations in EA:
My husband just had this interaction with an EAian friend via text message:
Adam: "Hello. Do you want to go play basketball now?"
Friend: "I am washing my hair right now. We will go play in 5 minutes."
Only here. Where boys spend more time, energy and emotion over their hair than any other female on the planet.
I got a text message from a friend (who knows how little of this language I speak) in all super complicated EAian yesterday that took me ONE HOUR to translate... as I had to draw the super complicated characters into my ipod, then type them into a word document, and copy that into google translate. It made no sense... talking something about:
Now if you got that, how in the world would you interpret it!? Well I completely misinterpreted the meaning (um like she was mad that I hadn't called her lately) and spent another 30 minutes replying back in all EAian to something that I completely misunderstood (because clearly that makes so much sense). I showed it to another EAian friend today and she just died laughing and said, "This is like an {EAian} joke that a foreigner would never understand! I don't even know how to explain it to you!" I wasted an hour and a half of my life yesterday on this. I told her from now on I'm forwarding them to her and she can tell me what they say. today I'm delighting in how indicative this is of my life here.
You meet by good chance, bewildered at a loss of what to do; you harbor affection (sentiment) (???) in both eyes, I incapable avoid, i understand the meaning of your heart. i go all out running start you decline tight (pressing, urgent) mutually follow along. i cry (???) look (watch), whose home does the dog have no man?
Now if you got that, how in the world would you interpret it!? Well I completely misinterpreted the meaning (um like she was mad that I hadn't called her lately) and spent another 30 minutes replying back in all EAian to something that I completely misunderstood (because clearly that makes so much sense). I showed it to another EAian friend today and she just died laughing and said, "This is like an {EAian} joke that a foreigner would never understand! I don't even know how to explain it to you!" I wasted an hour and a half of my life yesterday on this. I told her from now on I'm forwarding them to her and she can tell me what they say. today I'm delighting in how indicative this is of my life here.
V-Neck Tshirts with cotton open front cardigans.... and this no temperature weather that is so conducive to wearing them.
This book: Shattered Dreams. Thank you Larry Crabb for somehow finding your way into my head.
This blog: Today's Letters . Makes me want to have a blast with my husband. And let Him know how much I appreciate him every single day.
AND the fact that I will be back on US soil in less than 2 months... with my sweet friends/fam, my dog, ChicFila, Target, Michaels, and Moes.... AND the fact that 7 weeks later I will be back here. Both bring great delight.
Amused? I hope so. What random objects of your affection are swirling around in your head right now? Come on now.... don't shatter my dreams and not comment making me feel like I just threw my hand up to give you a high 5 and you left me hanging. that's embarrassing.
maybe I'll take great delight in your objects of affection too so don't deny me that joy.
Joyfully my brain is now empty and I can get back to work,
Oh friend.. hahahah. The text message confusion cracks me up. Sounds super complicated trying to translate!
ReplyDeleteNutella + ANYTHING= YUM {Especially with bananas on crepes!} =)
High five!
ReplyDeleteThis week I am loving...
1. my new fridge. The old one finally died. No more filling ice trays for me, ever!
2. strategically gathered tee shirts that make "sucking it in" unnecessary. I have two of them.
3. Tinted chapstick.
4. 3 years after we planted it, my dogwood is finally blooming!
That's all for now. :)
Oh, I love this post! And your ever-evolving blog look. I wish I had a clue how to change mine. So so stuck.
ReplyDeleteCurrently loving...
Trader Joe's trail mix in little packets. Sure, it is ruining the planet but they sure are handy.
Having straight hair for the first time in my life!
Pink lip gloss.
That the semester is two days from over.
Decaf Earl Gray - Twinings
I thought of something else. It is not a THING though. I love waking up to the sun shining in my bedroom window before my alarm goes off. Dreamy.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I just got back from a walk/run in the pouring rain. Pretty great too.
Oh Hay, I'm cracking up over the text. I love this post. My objects of affection... walking by your beautiful wedding portrait and smiling...waking up naturally, no 5:30 alarm...JC Crew City Fit pants...my feline children...my human children...I want some Toms too!
ReplyDelete