When we moved into our apartment, there was a really cool OLD red window pane hanging in the entryway with fabric stapled into it that my friend Lauren made a few years ago. I had seen some fun little circle trees in a PB kids catalogue, and really wanted to make them out of fabric, so I decided that it would be fun to make a little scene with the trees to put in the fun red frame to make my entryway a little more cheerful....
.... since it looks like this.
We live in a country where you absolutely, positively don't wear shoes inside {because you never know what you've walked through and the streets are dirty} so our entryway is full of shoes and rubber "slippers" {because EAians ALWAYS wear them inside} and coats and such. Anyway, it definitely has to have something to make it "welcoming."
So here is the "view" from our entryway "window".
What do you think?
I hand stitched this little scene with trees, clouds, a limb with leaves and a little bird out of different scraps of fabric with different colors of thread.
I worked on it forever....
And took every opportunity to get it finished that I could- like taking it with me to the park.
Here's the cute little bird.
And the branch {my favorite part}
The trees
The right side of the frame...
And the left side...
Once it was FINALLY finished...
I stapled it to the back of the frame with the staple gun
And hung it back up!
I LOVE it. LoveLoveLove it.
Joyfully Enjoying the View,

I'm linking up over at:
{I Heart Naptime} {Nifty Thrifty Things} {Under The Table and Dreaming} {Flamingo Toes} {LollyJane} {C.R.A.F.T} {Me Making Do} {Sew Can Do} {DebbieDoo's} {Craft-O-Maniac} {All Things Fee} {Skip to My Lou} {A Diamond in the Stuff} {Today's Creative Blog} {Not Just a Housewife} {Blue Cricket Design} {My Girlish Whims} {Sew Much Ado} {A Little Tipsy} {Organize & Decorate Everything} {A Creative Princess} {Somewhat Simple} {Thrifty 101} {A Little Knick Knack} {The Shabby Nest}



What a cute idea, I have a window that I'm working on a plan for right now...humm wonder if I can work something like this in...
ReplyDeleteThat is very cute...you can tell you put a lot of time into it. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute, I have NO sewing skills so I don't think I could pull it off, I love the red frame.
ReplyDeleteToo Cute!
Cute! I wish I had been crafty when I was over there. Will miss you again next year!! I am assuming you don't have to be at CSU.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. Absolutely adorable.
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! And grat idea to frame it in the window..
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love crafting with old windows. I would love for you to link up on Thursday!
ReplyDeletewww.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
This is a very sweet project. It makes you smile. I love applique projects!
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat idea! I've seen so many great uses for old windows lately. Your project turned out great! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your visit!!
ReplyDeleteAw this is so cute!! You are so crafty and cute i love it. the stitching design is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!
I love all these old window projects! I sure need to find myself some
ReplyDeletexoxo
Adorable! That must have been a lot of work! I love the branch, bird and trees. The shapes you chose are great! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!
ReplyDeleteI love it! THe design is adorable. What a beautiful project. THanks for linking to Home Decor and Organizing Link Party.
ReplyDeleteOh, it looks fabulous! You did such a great job! All that hard work paid off.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up! I featured this today! Stop by and grab a button if you like.
ReplyDeleteThis turned out so cute! I love the detail!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
Hope to see you again tomorrow! :)
xoxo from Germany,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}