Back in the day I sure loved to cover anything I could with ModPodge, and in the last year I have loved to go to town on picture frames.
I made this one for my sweet friend Anna Mo for her birthday in February of a picture of the 2 of us in Thailand the month before.
I was pleased with how it turned out with the limited resources I have here... there's no Michael's waiting around the corner to stock up on supplies. But I did have some paper, and of course Jamie sent me some fun flower embellishments, and well lets not forget my fave makeshift craft shop.... the Fabric Market of course... where I found rhinestones. Which.... I would have never chosen had the resources not been so limited. I'm glad they were though- cause I think they're kinda cute.
I have bought a few packs of these plain wooden frames from IKEA and used them all for things like this. I just line the edges on the outside and inside, cover the front and give it all a good shellacking.
Add some embellishments, and there you go- a new cute personalized frame.
Before we left America, I made 2 of these for 2 very special people.
Here is the first one that I made for my buddy Trey.
I started by painting the edges and base white.
Then I picked different coordinating paper and painstakingly cute them to fit just right.
Then I lined the edges.
And added pictures...
1 from when he was born, 1 from when he was about 1, and 1 from when he was about 2- and then gave it to him so that he could put it in his room and never ever forget me.
And then when I finished that one, I moved on to the next for my sweet, sweet friend Catherine- or my "Twink."
I picked some fun brown circle paper, covered the front, and painted the trim on the inside and outside yellow.
Then I used a little wooden oval, covered it in some plaid paper. I used brown chipboard letters to write "Twink" on the front and then attached it to the inside corner.
Then to finished it out, I lined the outside edge with teal felt ric-rac. I put in a picture of us from the night that we told each other "Bye" {sniff} and Ta-Da!
So those are just 3 of the paper frames I've made recently-ish.
I have to say, every time that I hear myself think, "Paper Frames" it makes me think of the song "Paper Planes" and I sing "I fly like paper...." Random. I know.
Joyfully Decoupaged,

I'm linking up over at:
{Lolly Jane} {Nifty Thrifty Things} {Under the Table & Dreaming} {C.R.A.F.T.} {Craft-O-Maniac} {Me Making Do} {Sew Can Do} {All Things Fee} {Debbiedoo's} {Get Your Craft On} {Somewhat Simple} {Blue Cricket Design} {Creations By Kara} {My Girlish Whims} {Sweet Peas & Bumblebees} {Sew Much Ado} {Thrifty 101}




I am a big fan of mod podge too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! Love the paper you used!
ReplyDeletewww.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com
I have a dog named Lucy, too! Love your frames that you made. You are very creative.
ReplyDeleteaw lucy these are all so adorable and cute!! beautiful work :)
ReplyDeletePS: thanks for the wedding encouragement on my blog!! I'm going to read all those links you sent me right now!! I'm so excited haha. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday}! A very cute upcycle!
ReplyDeleteI hope to see you again this week! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}