Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Seemingly "War Zone"-ish World Outside my Window

I have heard many things about the intensity of the fireworks during this 2 week long major holiday that ended today..... EAian New Year, but you really just can't fathom it until you've experienced it. This country loves them some fireworks. I do love them myself and we have set many of them off ourselves since living here, and do intend to share those videos with you at some point. We missed the 1st day of the holiday as we were in Thailand, but today was the day. Today everyone had to send their ancestors off to the afterlife with a bang....

I am currently trying to upload videos, because oh my gosh you just can't fathom it. I can try to explain how insane tonight was but you just aren't going to grasp it until I show you the videos and you see us standing on our roof surrounded on all sides with fireworks exploding right on top of us. I promise it was exponentially more crazy than you are fathoming right now.

But now it is 12:20am, long past my ever so adult-ish bedtime and why am I still up? Because the "war zone" is still going outside. For a couple of hours tonight it was constant pretty-flower like fireworks from every direction LITERALLY right outside my window {we had to take cover at one point on the roof because they were exploding right at eye level where we were standing- I mean legit 4th of July fireworks.... totally unreal} BUT those ended hours ago, and now it's the machine gun-bomb like ones that just scare the junk out of you and make your heart stop.... even when you've been listening to them ALL day.

There is little that I hate more in this world than being scared out of my sleep, and there is not an ear plug  dense enough in the world to block out this noise.... LITERALLY right outside of my window. So I'm just going to sit here on my couch until I can't hold my eyes open anymore and hope that keeps me in a deep enough sleep to not be jolted out of it with my heart racing.

since i started this, i've jumped at least 5 times. i think i might go crazy.
i know that any of my friends who have lived in this country for more than a year, are rolling their eyes and making fun of me right now and i'm okay with that. thank you for listening to my venting. please come back and enjoy the videos soon :)

Joyfully {that's a stretch} awake on my couch,

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails