I saw this idea for a little Fold Up Cary Caddy on Pinterest, and knew that I had to make them for Grady & Caed- the little boys of 2 of my friends here.
They can fill the little pocket's with cars, fold the top half down, and then roll it into thirds to keep them all snug and together when they are out and about.
Caed & Grady are best buds but have been known to squabble over what they think is or isn't their's, so I knew that adding their names was a must.
I painted the numbers on the pockets and yellow stripes on the road instead of sewing them on.
I hemmed all of the edges of each section of fabric (except the road). Then I sewed the the pocket to the inside layer, and added the seams between each number.
Then I sewed the road on the top half.
I appliquéd the little cars & their tires on the other side, painted their names above them, then attached the strap & velcro for easy attachment.
Then I attached the outside and inside layers to each other, and voila. Really not too terribly difficult.
I filled both of them with little cars before I gave them to them.
It has already come in quite handy on the road for Grady!
Joyfully Caddied,

I'm Linking Up Over At: {Blue Cricket Design}{Organize & Decorate Everything}{Sew Much Ado}{A Little Knick Knack}{Somewhat Simple}{Thrifty 101}{The Shabby Nest}{Tatertots & Jello}{Whipperberry}{LollyJane Boutique}{Craft-O-Maniac}{Sew Can Do}{So Very Creative}{Nifty Thrifty Things}{I Heart Nap Time}{Positively Splendid}












This is a awesome idea! I love it and so great for all the cars the kids collect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little carrying case for kids...I know so many people who would love this!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely adorable. I'm thinking you could make it into a belt too. My boy is only 15 months, so maybe I don't know anything about that. I know my girls would want it as an accessory.
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing...my son is a hotwheels fanatic and is always taking a bag full when he goes to visit grandma and grandpa...this will be a fun thing for him. Thanks for the inspiration!!
ReplyDeleteCath from Home is Where my Heart is
http://cathhasablog.blogspot.com/
Such a fun idea! I'm totally going to do this for my little one. I pinned it!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute idea !
ReplyDeleteThose are super cute. I saw something similar on Etsy one time. Would you share this with my readers? http://www.clipwithpurpose.com/clothespin-doll-made-for-you-monday-link-up-4/
ReplyDelete