An East Asian Banquet is an interesting event. I think without videos, you can't fully capture it. There's a lot of LOUD presentations {I'm positive that a requirement for giving a speech is to speak above 120 decibels while doing so}, clapping for everything, singing & dancing performances, presentations, GanBei-ing {toasting}, and VERY interesting food.
Our university had a banquet for the foreign students after Christmas. I practiced my food photography skills in order to share what interesting food they serve at these things with you. Here's the thing... I don't even know how to comment because quite honestly I don't know what most of it is. As a rule here, the fancier the event, the stranger the food to foreigners.
{their beady eyes creep me out}
{no clue what this meat is but it comes from multiple parts of whatever animal it came from}
{some kind of cabbage with shrimp}
{no clue}
{gonna go with fat....}
{more fat.....}
{not sure... maybe ribs???}
{NO clue. But Adam tried it and made an ugly face. Not good.}
Needless to say, I had dinner #2 when we got home this night.
This was my teacher last semester.
This is one of our old teachers, and her husband.
This is Adam's dear friend from Korea, Chang Wang. We are SO sad that he went home last month for good. We had some good times with this guy. We will miss him.
Joyfully Honored,












I had Cow Stomach at a banquet once! Those little shrimp always crack me up.
ReplyDelete