Just outside of town is a large market area that we like to call the "Sunday Market" {cause you go on Sunday}. I don't really have an interest to buy anything there, BUT it is a great place to people watch and explore.
We took a "Mian Bao Che" {literally Bread Car} or small van to as far as we could get before the no-reason traffic jam was at a stand still. Then we walked the rest of the way.
You can buy tons of stuff from clothes......
to food.....
to livestock......
both large....
and small.....
How sweet are the baby ducks? So cute.
As I said before, the best part is definitely seeing the people.
You can even stop for a quick check up at the "dentist" on the way out of town....
Yup. That's the "dentist" table.
I love looking at pictures like these. I pass people like these multiple times every day, but don't stop to really see the beauty in them- in things like the deep wrinkles from years and years of toil and labor in the sun and in the uniqueness of the clothes that the minority women wear. The sometimes toothless, big smiles they give when I smile and say "Ni Hao!" to them. Just a reminder of how blessed I am to live here.
Joyfully Venturing Out,



beautiful faces! love the man with the toothless grin and laughing smile!
ReplyDelete