I always love decorating for Christmas, but this year I didn't have any of my decorations from home so I had to get a little bit creative.
Here is the tree in the process of being decorated- the only picture I have with it still having colored lights. Typical quality- I bought them 2 days before they stopped working.
One Saturday, Hannah and I decided to get crafty....
with whatever we could find!
Like old candy containers and cookie cutters.
Hannah made the cute little creatures out of cookie cutters I bought at Ikea. I attempted to make a Christmas tree out of the m&m tube and foam- but I think it looks more like a Christmas asparagus with rhinestones on it. I also bought the cute patterned moose at Ikea, and gave him an eye.
These are just a few that we made
Here are some of my favorite ornaments that I created....
A Christmas tree out of foam and rhinestones. The star came with a pack of strips of paper I bought to teach you to make origami stars.
To make this silver ball, I took 8 strips of this silver paper, glued them on top of each other, folded them up to come together at the top and glued them together there. I hot glued a bead to the top and used thread to make the hanger.
These red & grey felt circles were Ikea finds. They came with the yarn on them, but I wanted to spruce them up so I added rhinestones and fancy buttons.
I also got these paper stars at Ikea, but they were really plain as they were so I added sequins and rhinestones to them as well.
I can't take credit for this little guy, as my friend Lori who lives in another city with her family of 5 made it. She made 100 of these birds to sell to raise money for the adoption of their little girl from Ethiopia who they will hopefully bring home in a couple of months!
Joyfully decorated,




Could I be friends with Lori? Does she live in the US or near you? I miss you!
ReplyDelete