Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hannah's Chair Makeover

A while back I went with 2 girls here to a used furniture "market"- funny- it was definitely not a market which we learned after we kept asking people for 2 hours where the "old furniture market" was and were sent all over tim-buk-tu BUT once we found it, we found lots of fun things. I kicked myself for not having my camera with me. 

BUT one thing we did find was an old funky chair that I saw lots of hidden potential in and convinced Hannah that with some love it would look fabulous in her room. So for about $6 she got this funky old chair. 

We didn't get a good before picture of the whole thing, but here is the funky stinky fabric after she took it off. 


Once she disassembled it, she painted it this fun green-ish color that she created. 



Then we went to the fabric market to find something that would work well. This purple is super fun- it's hard to tell what it looks like since the design does that whole play with your eyes thing when you take a picture of it. 


Here's the finished product- I wanted to take pictures of her assembling it but she was too quick for me!


Isn't it so fun!? It looks so fun in her purple room! I am going to show you both of these girl's rooms soon- they are so cute.... and SUPER girly.

Joyfully refurbishing, 
HWS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails