Friday, November 5, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things Friday {Nov.5}

It's Saturday morning and I'm laying in my bed where I've been for the last hour and a half... am I sick, nope.... I'm home alone with nothing else to do! {clearly, our internet is back up and running} Adam left me here by myself at 6 this morning to go to another city for a few days. So there is no one here to judge me for laying in (my warm) bed with the computer for a few hours after I wake up {I'm sure my sweet husband doesn't judge me since he just moves to the couch with the computer to watch TV on the sling box on Saturday mornings} I love morning like this. Nothing to do for a while, no one to see so no need to make myself look somewhat presentable. ahhhh.

It is Saturday morning, but there are 3 more hours of Friday left in America, so we'll pretend that it's still Friday. I said I'd share my fun things from the our trip to another city a few weekends ago- well when I went to go get the camera from the office to attempt to upload pictures again, I realized Adam took it with him. bummer. next week. for sure.

So today will just be one of my favorite things....

Local Coffee Shops...

There are a few really fun coffee shops around here, and while they aren't as "upscale" as most in the states (you might be sitting behind a table full of people smoking, and sometimes they smell funny)- they are still a nice treat, and fun place to go with friends.

I don't have a picture of my favorite place that is right around the corner from my apartment {and I have no desire to go take one} but they have the best mochas. I might venture to say better than starbucks- I find myself tempted to order another one when I've finished the first. The price is actually about the same as a coffee at starbucks, but for here it's really expensive so I've yet to buy more than one at a time.

This cute place just opened a month or so ago, so it still seems "clean" {nice and "clean" don't exactly go hand-in- hand here}. My friend Janessa LOVES their mochas and insisted we go with her one night to try one. It was okay....




It looks like a glorified hot-chocolate milkshake- and kind of tastes like one too. Nevertheless, its a fun place to go with friends.


I took this picture before writing my last post on Monday (with my old camera that is not with Adam in another city) . This coffee shop on campus can be like a "haven" compared to the world outside. It's funny- you have to walk through the crazy loud {not at all like an American} cafeteria, to go upstairs to walk through a really loud smokey cafeteria/restaurant and then you open the door to this place and it's like another world. Quiet, clean, good American music, full of ikea furniture and decor, free wireless, never crowded, a few western foods on their menu, so nice.

This is their latte -it's pretty before you stir things into it- but not so wonderful tasting- but its most definitely worth it for the atmosphere in contrast to everyday life here.

Thats all for today. Sorry... a little lame I know. I'm off to the city with the girls! Need a few things at Wal-Mart (wish me luck!) and back to the fabric market again to get fabric to recover a wonderful old chair Hannah found, and to find as many crafty supplies I can to being working on Christmas decorations! Don't judge...... I need a head start here.....

Joyfully caffeinated,

2 comments:

  1. DON'T DO IT!!! DON"T GO TO WALMART ON A SATURDAY!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your updates and knowing what is going on in your life, BUT I am most excited about talking to you tomorrow! I love you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails