Friday, October 8, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things Friday {Oct. 8th}

The last week has been a national holiday here which has meant no school for us! Which has be quite nice- especially since we have had multiple days of beautiful weather- which is beyond rare here! So we made a few trips into the city- where I found and enjoyed all of these things!

My favorites this week in no particular order are........

My new vase! Isn't it fantastic!? I went to the bird and flower market with some friends and while they were looking at puppies (which was too unbelievably painful for me), I went exploring in search of something really fun for our house.... I'd say I was successful. I'm a little obsessed.


I stood in the shop for 15 minutes staring at it, contemplating and convincing myself that it wasn't too big, telling the shopkeeper, "Wo Xi Huan Zhe Ge. Zhe shi fei cheng piao liang." My own broken way of saying- I REEEEAAALLLLYYY like this! It is SO beautiful!!!" over and over again. And finally broke down and bought it. It was a pretty sweet deal too. 

I just love the detail- of course the birds and the colors of the beautiful tress. It needs cleaning a little, but it is fantastic. Love,love,love it! Now if I could only decide where to put it...


Next....

Dairy Queen! DQ just opened in our city in the last year or so and while they don't have any real food, their ice cream is just like DQ in America!


So I was delighted to share this Oreo Blizzard with Adam. (Please ignore my chipping nail polish that looks a little tacky).


And last but not least.....

My fabric market finds! Yes, we went back for a third time. The last time I got so distracted by helping my friends, meeting the cute little girls, and finding fun scraps to decorate with, I completely forgot to get what I even came for! After I got the fabric I needed to cover the headboard and make a bed skirt for our guest bedroom, we had some time to kill so we went exploring in an "accessory shop" if you will.


I got all of these ribbons for less than $5. The picture doesn't capture how fantastic they are. The texture of all of the velvet ribbon is so nice and I LOVE this wide band with embellishments. So intricate- and a meter of it was just a little over $1! I have lots of thoughts about how to use them- possibly to wrap candles with or add embellishments to my wall decor that I'm working on... we shall see.


Those are just a few of my favorite things this week! What fun things have brought delight to your week? 

Joyfully loving my finds,

3 comments:

  1. UHM- obsessing over that beautiful band of ribbon with beads!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! glad to have found yours! i was wondering why you were so excited over a dairy queen (i live in texas. i have like 3 right around the corner.) until i scrolled through and figured out you live in east asia! so cool! i'm excited to be come a follower and "folow" your journey there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the vase!! so glad i caught up on your blog life :) will you please please please put up some pictures of your apartment?? ps. i'm going to start my new blog. right now...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails