Our second wedding of the summer led us to Louisville to celebrate sweet Melanie & Tom on May 12th.

Aren't they precious? Mr. & Mrs. Tom Newcomb!
Melanie was one of the first girls that I invested in and led in BStudy with Brooke my sophomore year at UK when Melanie was a freshman. We clicked instantly. I loved every minute that I spent with her during our 3 years together in college. We rarely went more than 2 weeks without the 2 of us getting together to talk about life.
Melanie & me at a hoe-down in college
I remember when her and Tom started dating at the end of their freshman year. Since Adam and I had started dating right around the same time our freshman year, I had high hopes that they would follow in mine and Adam's footsteps, since we were so much alike :)
Brooke & I decided that we would take our girls skydiving the end of their freshman year together, right after Melanie & Tom started dating. The 6 of us (Brooke & her now husband Brandon, Adam & I, and the 2 of them) ended up spending the day together while everyone else went before us, and I found myself giddy all day as I got to know them as a couple for the first time. Tom is absolutely hilarious, and I knew then that he was perfect for her!
Waiting our turn to jump (Tom, Adam, Brandon, Brooke, Melanie, & Me)
Melanie & I had the joy and privilege of walking through what it looks like to really pursue righteousness in our dating relationships together throughout different seasons for both of us throughout college. She will always be someone that I hold dear in my heart :)
SO, I was so glad that I was able to be there to see them tie the knot FINALLY after 5 years together!
Danielle is another one of my girls from college whom I love dearly, and she was Melanie's Matron of Honor. Danielle got married about 2 years ago to Ben, another great, fun friend from college. It had been WAY too long since I've seen these girls, and I was so thankful to hug their necks!
Tom & Melanie had their reception at the Claudia Sanders Dinner House- as in Colonel Sanders' wife- with some GOOD home cooking! My kind of buffet!
I am SO excited that Tom & Melanie FINALLY tied the knot after 5 years of patiently waiting for Melanie to get through her first few years of grad-school and for Tom to get through the first few years of med school. Their patience & perseverance has definitely paid off!
I so loved my girls in college. They have definitely been one of the greatest blessings in my life, and I learned SO much from them in 3 years of our time together. I miss them all so dearly, but they will ALWAYS be so special to me!

Most of my girls at the end of my junior year
(Melanie, Kristyn, Meghan, Stephanie, Danielle, Me, & Kerry- Lyn.... SOON TO BE BRIDE #4 of the summer in just a matter of days!)
Congratulations Tom & Melanie!!!
Joyfully celebrating the Newcombs,



No comments:
Post a Comment