Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Month to Go

I started writing this post 5 days ago, when I did have a month to go. Then I stopped, because I am currently struggling to really face reality. Now it's 5 days less than a month {I refuse to count down.... although that math clearly isn't that difficult to figure out}. In less than a month, we'll be back in America.... for good, for now. A lot of you have probably received our "update" and know everything surrounding our return. The why's & the what's.

We will say that if we were writing the story of our lives, we would once again be going home for 6 weeks and then would be back here in August. But we're not. Someone bigger, better, wiser, more loving, sovereign and GOOD is writing it. I'm not going into details here, for now at least, but He has used some ongoing health issues I've been dealing with over the last few years to take us back to the states, for now. We don't think that our time in EA is over forever, and will keep our hearts open to return whenever He chooses to lead us to.


I honestly don't know how to put how I feel into words. Sad. really, really sad. Adam and I have talked a lot about why it is so hard- because it has been SO GOOD. It is going to be a really, really hard transition. We are really excited for what we will be doing in the states; we are super happy to be close to  friends and family again; we are ecstatic to be reunited with our sweet puppy. But leaving here is probably one of the hardest things we've had to do. There have been lots and lots and lots of tears, and I just want to stick my heels in the ground and make time stop.

I don't dread returning to America by any means, simply because so many people who are so dear to me are there. But I am so, so, so sad to say good-bye to this place that I love. I will say I am going back a completely different person than I was 2 years ago. I desire to live a different lifestyle {and will certainly be asking some of you to help hold me accountable to that} and the thought of going back to certain ways of living that are so different than here make me want to run and hide. BUT I have been so reminded that regardless of where I am, I get HIM. My circumstances & location don't determine my happiness, nor my joy.... He uses them, ordains them, that I would experience Him in different ways, enjoying Him, glorifying Him as my soul is satisfied in Him.

So please think about and go before Him for us over the next 4 weeks.... That we would finish our time here well. That we would savor every moment He gives us, soaking up every ounce of this place and these people that we so dearly love. That we would say good-bye well. That we would transition back well. That we would grieve well. That we would expect great things ahead. Because He goes before us.

Joyfully clinging to the truth,

3 comments:

  1. praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying! The Lord is absolutely going to see you through every moment of this transition. Def. call me up when you get back to the States. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man that last paragraph, that is my (our) prayer & hope for you.....love you both dearly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails