Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Spring Mantle




I love decorating for spring. So many possibilities.... Lots of bright colors, flowers, anything happy.... so i was pretty pumped to use all of those things for my spring mantle. 


I wanted to use as much fabric as possible.


SO I used embroidery hoops, and covered glasses with fabric for vases filled with the fabric flowers I made last year. {More on the vases later}


I also covered a small drinking glass in the polka dot fabric trimmed with ribbon to make a little votive. 






Once again, I used the yarn S. For our last name AND for spring.  




For the tabletop, I used little things from around the house. 


I think I've used this frame for printables for every season. 


I found this spring one here. I like that it's nice & simple. To contrast it, I used this springy scrapbooking paper to matte it. 


And to go along with it, I used my favorite little bird & nest from America. 


 I used the yarn wrapped bottle I made in the fall with a silk daisy from IKEA in it, and filled this vase with my random knick-knack orbs that I made last year. 


It's a hodgepodge of stuff, but I like it. 


Quite colorful and happy. 

{the pictures are so grainy.... our apartment is long & skinny, and only has windows on 2 ends & this is smack dab in the middle with terrible lighting. still trying to figure out the best way to take them without a flash, so either the ISO is really high (grainy) or the shutter speed is too low (blurry). i'll figure it out sooner or later.}

Joyfully Springy,


Linking up over at: {I Heart Naptime}{C.R.A.F.T.}

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little mantle area!!! You did a great job, I love how fabric can make a space so personal! I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fabric choices in the hoops! and the printable!!..... i spy with my little eye a beautiful photo :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley! I love your spring mantle. Your embroidery hoop art is adorable. I love all of your great fabric choices.
    PS. Cake batter Oreos, sound divine! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails