Perhaps the thing we were looking most forward to upon coming home was being reunited with our sweet dog Lucy. Yes, we're THOSE people who love our dog that much.... but we also haven't seen her in almost a year.
My sweet bestest Jamie has been her stand-in mom for the last year, and volunteered to meet us in east TN at my dads to return her to us. She's a peach.
Oh the anticipation.....
They're here!
Our joyful reunion (From Lucy's perspective... in her best "Up" voice)
"Wait, I knows thems! Is that my master?!?"
"IT IS! MASTER!!"
"Hurry! Gets me off this stupid leash! I gots to see my master!"
"OH I's so excited I can't contains myself...."
{quite literally.... check out the bottom left of the picture... most definitely a stream of pee}
"I's so happy.... I thoughts they forgotted me forever!"
"Oh that's the spot"
"I'm too cute for thems to forgetted me"
Then thems took me to this place called the lake... I'm not real sure how all that water got there, but I got a bit scared cause its kinda likes the biggest bath tub I'ves ever seen.... did not likes that... and then that big floating thing we sat on made lots of loud noises and I was real scared....
but then I decided I kinda likes it......
cause we went fast and I sure do likes the wind in my face.
Then we went exploring... apparently my mom grew up on this so-called "lake" big bath tub thing, so she got all nostalgic when we found this place.....
The one on the left used to be their lake house, and then some best friend of hers had one across from hers back in this cove. She sure did love thems places.
Then they got real crazy....
I was pretty nervous when they got on this round floaty thing....
cause my mama was totally dominating dad and I was scared that she was gonna throw him in the water... and I'm real scared of the water.
Then I got real bored and I was ready to get off of this big loud thing.
Can we go home now!?!?
Thanks for being my mom this year Jamie. Yous the bestest!
Joyfully Reunited,
















awe, this post made me all teary-eyed. reunited and it feels so good! glad your back home with your family and friends and of course...Lucy!!
ReplyDeleteLauren told me today that she read this post, got choked up, and snuggled with dear Colby :) give Lu a belly rub for me!
ReplyDelete