Hello. I've been MIA for 3 weeks- oops.
Didn't plan on that.
We've been busy over here and lots of things have happened on the other side of the world as well. Some have kept my mind elsewhere.
Like.....
My life-long best friend had a baby, which in our friendship officially makes me an Aunt.
Tyler Jefferson Adcock was born on Friday, March 11th at 12:26 pm all happy, healthy, chubby, and cute as can be!
I can't begin to tell you how {i seriously can't find the word} this is. I've been trying to put it into words, but can't. Surreal maybe? Eve and I have been best friends since birth, but our "roots" go back much further though: my Great-Grandmother and her Grandmother were best friends. My mom and her mom have been best friends since they were in diapers. Then, they both happened to get pregnant with us within 3 months of each other AND we were their only ones. We have been best friends since birth. We were both each others' maids of honor in our weddings. Our friendship is so incredibly special, and she has absolutely been closer to me than a sister for 26 years.
here we were when we were babies....
...and in elementary school. She was always the cute one. Clearly I was a bit more of a spaz.
And now she's a mom. I can't wrap my mind around it.
It's been a hard week. It is miserable not being there with her. I would give anything to be able to magically transport home for just a little while to just hold him and kiss his sweet little nose. sigh.
Instead we have settled for this. Thank the BG for skype. Here they are when he was less than 24 hours old. I hated being on a computer screen in her hospital room instead of there myself. I am seriously so thankful that technology is what it is AND that we were blessed with a crystal clear internet connection when I got to meet him {which is so rare}.
In other exciting "becoming new parents" news....
Our friends Ryan & Lesli came home yesterday from adopting their sweet little boy Greer from Ethiopia!
He is just as sweet as can be!
photo from my friend Danielle
We went to college with them- Lesli and I were in B-study together for 4 years. I mentioned them in this post last summer. In the last year they have been foster parents to 2 boys, adopted sweet Greer AND to top things off, in May they will add another little bundle of joy when she gives birth to sweet little Charlotte! Talk about exciting.
AND........
My brother in law (Adam's brother) and his wife are having a baby in 11 days-ish! Which will also make me an aunt!
Twice in 3 weeks....very exciting!
They will celebrate their 7th year of marriage in June so in my mind, it was about time. I can't wait to meet our new nephew when we are all home this summer!
And Over here......
The weekend after my short stint of sickness on the couch, my mom and best friend from college Jamie came to visit for a fun, but very busy week. We had a great time.
I'll have more on their visit soon.
The weather has been all over the place this week- it actually snowed a little on Tuesday. I have been over winter for 2 months now so say I was not excited is an understatement. Contrast that with today- it was in the upper 60's without a cloud in the sky. No complaints here. We spent all afternoon in a field throwing the football and frisbee, and flying a kite with friends. It was perfect. I don't anticipate it staying this way though.
So that's a little bit of life lately. Lots of emotions- all good in some way, shape, or form, some heavier than others BUT a constant reminder of the BG constantly meeting me where I am. He is good.
More to come soon. Promise {as always}.
Joyfully Here,









Good to hear from you Haley!
ReplyDeleteThat pic of you on Skype made my cry. For real.
Awesome post!! I love the picture of you and Eve skyping...precious! What a crazy life we lead :)
ReplyDeleteIt's sad that I'm just now having time to read this sweet post!! That's what life with a baby will do to you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the sweet words. Love you! And I know Tyler will adore his aunt hay!!