Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Gifts that Keep on Giving

Now that you've seen the packaging, I am pretty pumped to share what was inside. 


Clearly there was a lot of excitement in the air! 

I have a hard enough time buying Adam Christmas presents in America.... never the less here. Buying him clothes that he doesn't want that I want to see him wear wasn't an option this year, so i really had to get a little creative. 

He said a few days before Christmas, "I can't wait to see what I get to play with on Christmas!" Well then you're gettin toys my friend! 


I found this fun helicopter that lights up, makes noise, and rolls all over the floor. He loved it. 

We also have a constant debate about what we want for Christmas- I'm just going to admit it- I'm materialistic and want stuff. So getting "experiences" doesn't really get me super excited. Adam hates stuff and would take an "experience" any day. He always says that he just wants plane tickets for Christmas and his birthday. Not so fun in my book. 

BUT when you live a long way from the familiar it's a little difficult. The one thing I KNOW that he'll want and will look for any excuse to HAVE to go to is any large sporting event. I know we'll go to Ohio in July at some point, so Adam got a $100 gift certificate for tickets to a Reds game. He loved it. 

I also found some good DVDs in English and fun games at Wal-Mart so he got a few of those too. 

Adam came home with this book one night and said, "Look what I bought us for Christmas!" 
So Santa brought all of the boys this book of model airplanes, spaceships, rockets and anything else that can fly to assemble together. 

We all used the EAsian "eBay" to buy each other presents..... but not too surprisingly, a lot of it didn't get here in time so we got to unwrap pictures of what we all got. 
I bought Janessa new Uggs boots. 


In addition to their awesome Snuggies, I bought both of them super soft Old Navy socks (that someone brought over with other stuff for me). 


Hannah got a lovely pot-holder...


and a coffee pot! 


The guys got each other some pretty fun stuff too....

Adam got an air soft gun from Ryan. 


Ryan got new guitar strings


AND some David Beckham playing cards..... His teacher told him his beard looked like David's.... what do you think?


Joseph bought Adam FIREWORKS! He loves them. 


and Joseph got new speakers! 



I got all sorts of fun new things!  
Isn't Hannah's homemade wrapping paper cute? 

She bought me ballet shoes!!!

(like my Santa socks I bought at the supermarket here?!)

Some other wonderful gifts I got..... 

Scrapbook paper ........



and this AMAZING bird necklace from EAsian eBay! 
Seriously- I am so obsessed with this necklace. I don't think I could love it anymore or have picked something I would love more! 


I am now learning to knit and making a lovely {albeit special} scarf with this yarn.


Ryan got me paint and special paper to be "creative" with. 

My super sweet husband got me this fun scarf....


little lantern.....


.... super helpful flash cards..... whenever I need some red bayberries, I'll know just what to say! 


And lastly...... A NEW SEWING MACHINE!


Yay! I can't wait to use it! 


Giving and getting gifts here was tons of fun, and just one more thing that made Christmas here so fantastic. So that's all for what Christmas looked like on this side of the world. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and thus far, a very happy new year!

Joyfully gifting,

2 comments:

  1. My christmas in EA was one of my faves. Glad ya'll made good memories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails