Thursday, September 9, 2010

You know you've got good friends when......

They are willing to spend their Friday night helping you ghetto-rig your toilet to stop it from leaking... 


Our friends Ryan and Joseph spent their Friday night helping Adam run all over our town finding the most sufficient solution to our leaking toilet since they don't make wax rings here- let me rephrase- I'm sure that every wax ring in the world is made here.... they just export them all and don't sell them here.... which = leaky toilet. 



It's pretty ridiculous when there is a significant difference in the size of the pipe coming out of the toilet and the one going into the drain.... and therefore not all liquids make it into the drain and start seeping out of the bottom of the toilet. gag. I forgot to mention in my last post about adjusting that you can't throw ANYTHING in the toilet- including toilet paper. QUITE the adjustment. But clearly you can understand why. Did I mention that most things in this country are made this way? 

(Please note the ghetto-rigged "lip" for the shower in between the toilet and shower drain that Graham created last year to keep the bathroom from flooding when you take a shower. That's pretty much how it works here- the shower head is just hanging out in the bathroom.)  



There's nothing that pvc, duct tape, and caulk can't fix though right? Lets hope so. 


Here is sweet Joseph trying to get the water out of the toilet with a towel so it wouldn't end up all over the bathroom when they moved it back. Don't worry we threw these towels away. 

This is only a glimpse into the joys of adjusting to living here. As frustrating as frequent leaks can be (the sink leaked in 3 places before we got to the toilet), I am so thankful for this bathroom. It is SO nice compared to many others. 

Joyfully no longer concerned (for now) about moisture around my feet,

3 comments:

  1. Ah, East Asia! Our bathroom locked us out one time and we had to break down the door...I am still confused as to how that happened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like I have seen Adam in that position more than once!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails