Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We are here.

I don't even know what to say. We are here. We are alive. We are exhausted.

I feel like we've been here for 2 weeks- it's only been 5 days. Leaving was a little crazy. As soon as we got to our city, we hit the ground running trying to get settled into our apartment. Not there yet, but moving that way slowly but surely. Now we're in another city for a week. Then we go back and school stuff starts on our campus. We left our apartment in a mess.... we had it painted, got new carpet (don't worry- they don't "install" it... its a giant piece of carpet sitting on squishy foam pads that you'd see in a pre-school), repaired some broken things, cleaned extensively, etcetc. lots of things to do just to get settled in. Needless to say, we haven't had tons of sleep. The good news is that what sleep I've had, I have slept like a rock.

The internet in our apt. is horrible so I haven't figured out how to effectively blog.... although my mind is constantly spinning with random things I want to blog about. I'm collecting these ideas, and will hopefully get them on here asap when I figure out how to find a faster connection that doesn't seem like dial up from 12 years ago.

SO anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I am here. I am loving the fact that i actually live here.... and again keep asking myself, "Is this real life?" because I'm still not so sure that it is.

I'll try my hardest to blog as much as possible, so stay posted!


Joyfully (finally) here,

4 comments:

  1. love you and miss you. glad to hear you're getting settled. keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear about all of your adventures & the crazy everyday quirks of living overseas! =) WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails